Sunday, July 26, 2009

THE STORY BEHIND THE PICTURE

I was cutting through Greenlake last weekend to catch a bus home and I had my camera in my hand - it was a spectacular day and I was really liking the light through the trees and the view of the far shore. As I walked to the edge of the lake and snapped this picture, the kid in the lower right corner stepped into frame. He had been walking on the path with his friend and they were tossing a ball back and forth. The kid you see had tossed the ball behind him and it went into the lake. A disagreement ensued. The kid who missed the ball thought the kid who threw it should go into the lake. The kid who threw it thought the kid who missed it should do the wading.

I didn't stick around to see who went in, but, I have an opinion. I think the kid who tossed it should get his feet wet. He threw the ball blind and the trajectory went right into the water - the catcher never had a chance.

Anyway, I dig the picture. I thought about cropping the kid out, but then it's just another picture of Greenlake. I wonder what story I can make up about this kid the next time...

1 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger Anna said...

i love the story behind the picture! you really can't go anywhere at greenlake without someone stepping in the way :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home